Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 1

Since moving in I still haven't felt "done". I've got our office/craft room that is barely socially acceptable...still lots to do in here.  Every room has at least one thing to do before it's "done".

My goal is to post a new room on here weekly (except in a few weeks I'm on hiatus cuz I go to UTAH!)
attention burglars, my hubby will still be here, and he's latino so he can beat you up

This week is my family room, here you have it!

I've posted on Fresh Poppy about how I refinished our new tv console.


I know I know, we're supposed to be poor.  We justified using our deposit from our last place for a new tv...eeek.

Hi mom and dad!




Still to do? Pillows to match new colors and covering my old chair fabric.

I have to say, having painted walls, plenty of natural light and updated finishes throughout the house has made me quite happy!

As a little update...we are doing well!  The heat isn't slowing us down, the boys and I are going somewhere everyday.  It is so fun to have places to go and things to do!  Although we are still quite skimpy in the friend department, we finally have a playdate today!  Wahoo!

Sawyer is loving the pool, I recently got him a life jacket so I don't have to continue to pull muscles trying to keep a hold of both of them at the pool.  He thinks it 's the greatest thing ever.
Sawyer with a ginormo smile floating on his back:
My life jacket is crazy!

I have a big old post planned for Mr Oliver and his recent antics, but for now let's say he's as cute as ever and talking more and more.  And very very funny.

E finished his psych rotation which he liked more than he thought.  His doctor was really great and he had some good stories.  He started OBGYN Monday, it is an hour commute and he has to be on-call once a week :(  But so far he has been home at a decent hour. It's only four weeks, right?

Next week:  The boy's room
Still to do: Somehow get door knobs into the wall to hang their artwork from :)

14 shout outs:

Saysha said...

i love it! it looks way cuter than how we had it. :o) still jealous that you are there. and we are not. glad you aren't hating the heat. PUHLEASE bring some of the heat and palm trees to utah when you visit! ;o)

danny.des.jack.nora said...

OK, I might need to use your cute pics for further decorating skills and ideas. J/K, but seriously, your house is SUPER cute! We miss you guys but I am glad all is well there!

Meigs Family said...

I love it! You're always do the cutest things! Can't wait til you get here!

Ashlie Dalton said...

megan, i love it! you are amazing- it looks fantastic!
can't wait to come see it in person!!!

Crystal said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love it! Your decorating skills are flawless. Glad to hear that things are going great!

The Baldwin's said...

love it! wish I could come party with you and that new big tv, geez did you go a little crazy?!? haha jk

SewSara said...

your new place is sooo cute!!
love it all.
see you soon - yay!

Celi said...

MEG!!! how fun are you. I love the fireplace and the things that you have on it :)
Miss you guys lots! happy to hear that the psych rotation went well, and that rotations in general are 4 weeks :)
Love you guys! and as always...it looks AMAZING! can't wait to see what you do in the boys' room :) xoxo

Heidi said...

It all looks great. Well done Megan, it will be a lovely home for you all.

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh my goodness...sooo amazing!
i love your style.
your place looks amazing.
glad you're liking your new place.
miss you tons!!!!

K.E.N said...

WOW! I am totally jealous of: your living room, your TV, your pool, the places you have to go, already having 2 kids, YOU in general, etc. We miss you over here but I'm glad that you seem to be doing awesome...you rock my world. Check.

Bree said...

I love the yellow! It is so the in thing right now! Isn't living in a bigger city the best. Although I do really miss all the friends of Kirksville!

Crystal said...

Ahem. Excuse me. You are a little behind. I've been watching for weeks 2, 3, and 4.

...Moving along now...

;)

Jena said...

sweet house! It has got to feel good to get things put together. I love seeing what you are up to. Your boys are too stinkin' cute and I am so glad that you are so talented and share it with us!