Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I left my heart

I always forget how much I love the beach.
I was born in Mission Viejo, CA afterall.
I think I love it, and then we drive on the coast...step in the sand...hear the waves crash...
And I fall head over heels.


The perfect trip.
Three days.
6 hour drive.
Free GORGEOUS home to stay in, by ourselves. (Thanks Tracine and Juan!!)
20 minutes to the beach.
Day 1, Newport Beach and Ruby's Diner.
Beach.
Beach.

How to do the beach for boys:
Run for your life.
 how awesome is that photo!?  I only wish it was closer up.

Ollie was taken out a few times, but was a good sport about it.


Telling dad about how awful the water tastes.

Day 2, museum, relaxing.




They were both so serious and intense about laying on the bed of nails.  I've never seen either of them that still for so long when they're awake.


Day 3, Laguna Beach.





Looking at the tide pools where we saw hermit crabs and bigger scarier crabs.

Ice cream before hitting the road home.


Must go back.  Soon.






8 shout outs:

grammajill said...

I love the photos!!! and I LOVE the beach, too! I don't know why we ever moved, It made my heart hurt to see you all at our old stomping grounds. Every state should have their own beach.

Amy said...

Megan, you have become such a beautiful photographer. These photos are all so sweet and you journal so well. What a fun thing you are doing for your family for basically forever. Your boys are so sweet! Miss you ALL ♥

Crystal said...

That looked and sounded like a seriously fabulous time.

The Baldwin's said...

ah i'm jealous! looks like such a great time, love those two cute boys!

K.E.N said...

We have eaten at Ruby's Diner! It's delish. I'm totally jealous of that vacay...looked like a total blast.

Heidi said...

What a lovely seaside break. Living in the centre of the country the boys must have enjoyed romping in the waves.

Kasey Lighten said...

Oh so lucky! What a fun trip...makes me want to take my kids back there. :) So glad you guys could get some fun fam time. :)

SewSara said...

the boys on the bed of nails - lol! so funny! and getting knocked over in the water?! hahaaaaaaaa

looks like a blast!!
miss and love u!