Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tales of a Twister

Man oh man, this has been on my mind! It just seems surreal to have something so crazy as a TORNADO happen 2 miles away, I can't imagine how I'd feel if we were in it. Thursday, the day after the storm, E got up early and went with a group of students and members of the ward and worked all day helping people move things from their homes that were salvageable.

I took a drive around the neighborhoods to see what happened, and it is just something else to see it in person. It's crazy, seeing into someones home, seeing their stairs up to the second level. One thing that surprised me, there was insulation everywhere. It covers the homes, cars, grass...When I stopped at one of the hit homes and got out to talk to some friends, a lady came up with two ripped wedding photos asking if we recognized the bride or groom, so sad.

Here are some pictures of the event. The first three photographs I didn't take. It started at a dealership, and then ripped through two communities.


Signing off, Tornadoville

2 shout outs:

Heidi said...

Thankfully it was two miles away from you - the devastation is horrific. It is good to know that those that lost their homes are getting assistance from people like E. You wouldn't know where to start cleaning up such a mess.

grammajill said...

Don't start calling it tornadoville! Remember it was the first new tornado to hit Kville in over 100 years, I figure that means you have at least 99 years before another one. Isn't that right! So glad you are safe and your kids are not traumatized,too.