Thursday, May 14, 2009

A tornado

A twister hit Kville last night. The weather was getting scary outside, it was actually eerily quiet. I was nursing Ollie when my neighbor knocked on my door and said, "Ernesto's been trying to call you, he wants you to go down to the school." I knew it would be serious if he wanted me there. Within minutes we were in the car, and it was raining like in the movies. Everyone around us was running to their cars, my heart was beating like crazy. I called E on the way, and he told me that tornadoes had hit in a town north of us and were on their way to us. I felt so much better when E came to the car, scooped up the boys and we were inside.

We stayed in a basement hallway of the school for a little while with many other students and families. Turns out, several homes of our friends and E's classmates were hit just two miles north of us. Some of their homes are destroyed. I felt so uneasy the rest of the night, I didn't put Sawyer down forever because I wanted him by me.

4 shout outs:

Rachel said...

That settles it. You NEED to come home! So Scary. I am SO glad that you guys were safe and with Ernseto.

Ashlie Dalton said...

Holy scary! My gosh. Come back. Glad you guys are safe and your home is not destroyed. That's really sad for your friends.

Molly said...

So scary Meg! Glad you guys are ok!

Heather said...

Holy crap! You totally need to come home and not go back next year. Just tell Esto it is too much of a risk and you will meet back up with him in a year. Don't get that close to dying on me again alright? PS can't get over Oliver's cute face on your topper...