Saturday, June 20, 2009

He's okay

For those of you who haven't heard, which is probably most of you, Ernesto was in a car accident early this morning in Cheyenne, WY on his way to see us in Utah. He's okay. He fell asleep and hit a pole and rolled our Escape, when he came to a nurse and her mother were there and told him not to move, that they had called for an ambulance. They took him to the ER and did all sorts of scanning and tests, but apparently he is completely okay, aside from bruising. My phone was downstairs and I was asleep upstairs, so I found out at 8 am after a string of phone calls to my in-laws, my parents, my sister and finally to me. I am grateful because I knew right away he was okay and I was talking to him within 15 mins. He is about 6 hours away and right now we are working on getting up there, waiting to hear when he can be released. (As I am posting I'm on hold with our insurance.)
I love you E.
And, today is our sweet baby boy's second birthday. E wanted to be here for it. I'll have to post another time and gush over our amazing Sawyer, but today a picture will do.
I will keep you all posted.

19 shout outs:

The Baldwin's said...

Megan I'm so sorry, how scary is that!! I'm so glad he's ok and he'll be here soon, let me know if you need anything!

Ashlie Dalton said...

Oh my gosh Megan!! I'm so glad that Ernesto is alright! I can't believe how scary that is and how you must have felt hearing what happened.
I'll be talking to you soon... if there's anything we can do please let me know (we can do all the driving when we get together- of course).
So glad he is alright.
And Happy Birthday to Saywer! We love you guys!!!!!! Tell Ernesto we are thinking of him as well.

Amberlee said...

I am so sorry! Sara was just here and she told me all about it- I am SO happy that he is ok- and that you found out at a time which made things "easier". Please know that you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tamara Jacobs said...

megan, that is so scary! i am so glad that he is okay! hope he makes it to you soon. hope you are having a good summer. miss you!

Tamara Jacobs said...

p.s...and happy happy birthday to cute Sawyer!

Maren said...

So scary! I'm glad that he is OK. you'll be in our thoughts and prayers. And Happy birthday to Sawyer

Sara said...

I hope by now you're with him and hopefully on your way home. You're in our prayers!!!
What a miracle that he's ok.

Rachel said...

So sorry. Let me know what I can do. I'll try and call you later!
Love you!

Heidi said...

So glad E is OK - and that you knew straight away that he was when you heard of the accident.

Happy birthday to Sawyer.

Heather said...

So glad youare okay E. We plan on seeing you soon and hanging out a ton! Happy Birthday Soy Boy!

Ash and Joe said...

oh i am so glad that he is ok!!!

Crystal said...

How scary! I am so glad to hear that his injuries are so minimal, that is such a miracle. I'll be thinking of you guys! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to that little Sawyer!

Melissa said...

I'm glad Ernesto is okay. That is scary. When you're tired, driving through Boring Nebraska and Wyoming only makes it worse.

Amy said...

Look at how many friends you all have! I am SO glad that E is okay and will be here & with you soon.

HAPPY #2 B-DAY SOY-BOY!!!

♥Amy

aimee said...

Oh my goodness how terrifying. Never let him do that drive alone again. I'm glad to know that E is okay. Your in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait until you all get back to kville.
Happy Birthday Sawyer!!!

Brendon said...

We heard about the accident from the Ormes. That's so incredibly scary, but I'm glad E is doing okay.

Happy belated B-Day to Sawyer...he's so cute! Hope you're enjoying your time in Utah.

Jene and Megan said...

I'm glad to hear that Ernesto is ok! What a scary thing to have happen! Hopefully, you will be able to see him soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan
espero que Rey este muy bien y me imagino el susto que pasaste. cuidense mucho y besos
Please, ask to Ernesto for translation
bye
Gladys

natalieandherboys said...

Megan-I just read your post! I have been a bad blogger! I am so sorry to hear about this, but so glad that Ernesto is ok! How scary! I hope you all are well!!