Monday, June 29, 2009

Accident Photos

Okay, the best picture first: He's here! You can pinch him and it hurts, you can tickle him and he giggles...we are blessed beyond measure to get a picture of Sawyer and E reuniting after three weeks apart, after such a crazy accident. E promises he will never pull such a stunt again.



Feel free to view just the photos, here's a little bit of the story. E thought he'd be able to make it to Cheyenne, he knew he was tired, but thought he'd make it fine. Well he dozed off and the rumble strip woke him, he saw a pole and over corrected. From there I am not exactly positive what happened, I know he twisted, turned and flipped, he went through the median to the other side of traffic, and ultimately landed upright on the other side, just on the side lane. Thankfully there was no other traffic, other than the two ladies who saw the accident and called 911 for him. He remembers seeing the pole and going through the median. He blacked out and came to in the car with the ladies telling him not to move. He says he saw his backpack on the ground and went to open the door to get it, they told him not to move. He also mentioned he thought it was extreme that they pried the door open, he didn't realize the damage, he was definitely in shock.



He remembers everything from there on out, he went to the ER and they did lots of tests to determine he's PERFECT ;) He had to stay at the hospital overnight, he has contusions on his lungs, but those will heal. On Sunday, at 4 am, my brother (more on him in a minute) came to get me and Oliver and we took the 6 hour trek to get my E. Everything came together, he was discharged as soon as we got there, and in an hour and a half we were back on the road. He has been in pain since, his left hand to shoulder are very swollen and tender, but have been getting better everyday. Here is his hand:

And here is Estelle, may she rest in peace...



And finally, about ONE of the best big brothers in the world (I have 4). Rich picked me up at 4 am on FATHER's DAY, not knowing if E would be able to come home with us, but knowing that E was alone in a hospital and I wanted to see him desperately. He drove his car, insisting on paying for gas (but I think we got one tank in there) and chatted with me for 6 hours. When we got there he dropped me off, went to the junk yard, took pictures and got the bags and bags of our things, then he went to the accident site and found tons of our things, including E's cell phone still beeping in the median!! We didn't get home until 10:30 pm, and I am just so grateful for such an amazing brother, thanks Rich.

And E...never again. You mean way too much to me, Sawyer and Oliver. Right after I heard about the accident, the boys started crying and I went into the room, and 4 big brown eyes were looking back at me, and I just saw you in their faces. That image and feeling will stay in my heart forever...so never again my love. You are way too important and absolutely irreplaceable.

We are so so blessed.

12 shout outs:

Jemaica said...

That is unreal! I'm so glad he's okay. There's no doubt that Heavenly Father was looking out for him!

Ash and Joe said...

oh my! that car was a mess. how amazing. love you guys and can't wait for you to come back to kville safe and sound.

Ashlie Dalton said...

I still can't even believe that! E is so lucky, and I'm glad that he is smart and wears his seat belt. We are happy our friend is ok. :)

RIP Estelle. Lots of good memories in her- even for us.

Tamara Jacobs said...

i cannot believe your car!!! that had to be so scary for your family. i'm so glad that he was okay. have a fun rest of your trip. see you soon!

Heidi said...

He was so lucky to get out of that car alive. What a mess.

The Baldwin's said...

Holy crap, glad he's ok! He's definately being watched over, that could've been a lot worse! Let me know if you need anything!

Sara said...

woah! look at estelle! i canNOT believe ernesto wasn't hurt more seriously in that accident. Praise Heaven!!!!

Kasey Lighten said...

Meg,
Those pics are so scary! So glad E is okay. I have goosebumps right now just ready about it. Love you guys!

Amy said...

Such a crazy story and yes, Hic is SUPER DUPER nice! So glad everyone is okay!!! ♥Amy

aimee said...

Oh my goodness that is insane. I honestly did not picture your car to look like that. I am so grateful he is okay, as are you I'm sure. I'll be happy to see you all in kville soon :)

davidmjoyner said...

I think you need to go to buyafordescapeitsavedmyhusbandslife.com and leave your testimony.

Tiffany said...

How scary- we were driving to Utah that same week. I am so relieved he's okay! Hope you guys are doing okay!