Monday, May 10, 2010

While he was away

E recently went to Washington DC for a few days, for what I am still unsure.  I assume it was important.  Something to do with some club and DO Day on the Hill...he loved it.  I was sad for two reasons, 1 he was leaving us for too long and 2 neither of us had been anywhere in the north-east.  Guilty.  Jealous.

Well, we missed him.  His car was still out front and a couple of times Sawyer would insist he was home.  They both flipped when he walked up to the door.  Followed by a good snuggle session.


And here's a rare photo of our giant heads, just for Ashlie :)

I don't have any pictures on this computer of his trip...gotta get on that.

He left on a Wednesday and returned on Sunday.  On Friday I was suddenly inspired to CLEAN and re-DECORATE our room.  Why do I do things like this? 

Well I have many more pictures, including before and afters that I will be posting on my Fresh Poppy blog.  But I just can't wait and I wanted to show a bit now!  And so my mommy can finally see it since she can't get picture texts!  Here you go:

I got all this fabric last summer and knew I would use it in my room.

Insert the perfect color large gray pillows behind the three small pillows, I cannot find the right fabric here!!!
It all started thanks to Sara and her fabulous spray-painted lamps.  Which inspired me to re-cover the lamp shades and spray paint the headboard.  I couldn't find a fabric I liked for the shades so I made a stencil and painted the fleur de lis pattern on the shades.  Anyway, it isn't something you'd see in a magazine, but it is such an improvement! I can't wait to see it in AZ, it will look so much better I'm sure ;)

6 shout outs:

Sara said...

ooooh it looks so cute!
(not that it looked bad before, though!)
good job!!
i love what a can of spray paint can do :)

Ashlie Dalton said...

oooh i love your room makeover! the fabrics and colors are gorgeous.

thanks for posting that rare face picture for me! now it's all coming back to me what you guys look like.... maybe i'll see those faces in person soon?!

Jill said...

Megan you are AMAzinG! I love your room! Looks very springish!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg, love the colors and prints! way cute and the snuggle session...very sweet! I'm going to have to try spray painting some things around here, I liked what you did with the lamps!
xoxo-Celi

Abbie said...

hi megan! it's abbie... hope you don't mind me stalking your blog occasionally, but your boys are just way too cute. plus us arizona people are going to have to keep tabs on eachother somehow :)

Heather said...

i can't believe you painted that be autiful headboard I gave yo u!

Love the makeover, fab fabrics!