Thursday, July 15, 2010

One of my favorite places EVER!

I have so many memories growing-up and spending days and days at the lake.

We used to go every summer as a big fat extended family reunion.  We had a house boat, a couple of speed boats, a water weenie, tubes and sometimes we'd rent wave runners.  I would have never gotten to know and befriend so many cousins if we didn't do this.  I loved it!

Over the fourth of July we met up at the lake with my sister Heather and her hubby Dallan at his parent's home which is right on the lake (okay 5 min drive).

All the cousins!

I must admit I was kinda nervous to go.  I guess  just having two little ones I was scared about safety.  However, we enjoyed ourselves immensely and everyone made it back home.  Hurray!


Sophie and Sawyer are just 2 days apart.  Sophie's older, however gestationally (is that a word?) Sawyer is older :)

Heather and I have been waiting and waiting for these two to hit it off, and they did! 
Sophie the damsel in distress and Sawyer the knight in shining armor. 
I call not telling them they're cousins.

Heather darling and oh so sweet girls who loved and doted on my boys.  Sawyer loved having so many friends to play with, especially Addie.  When the girls had disappeared somewhere in the house Sawyer asked me, "Where is a lot of everyone?"

We actually did pull them behind the boat...ever so slowly.  It was the plan for E to take Sawyer but Oliver started bawling because he wanted on...and he never was scared!

We loved our little rendezvous...and it was only 5 hours to drive and meet up with my sister, definitely happening again and again :)

AZ is treating us well.  I am still feeling overwhelmed at getting settled while keeping up with everything and saving time for E.
(the boys, the blogs, trying to make patterns, crafting, decorating, preparing meals, exercising, cleaning..the momma stuff)

I promise many pictures of the home to come...but I'm just not there yet :)  I am going to set a goal for myself to show one room at a time, maybe weekly, so I can start finishing some of these projects!  Maybe I'll start next week?
I'm scared.

6 shout outs:

Heidi said...

That looked like a wonderful holiday. Time to start a tradition of your own family reunions...

Tamara Jacobs said...

that is so awesome that you could go to lake powell with your sister!!
i'm glad you are liking AZ.
i totally know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed with settling in. i've still got lots of work to do. can't wait to see pics of your new place!!! miss you!
xoxo tam

K.E.N said...

Ummm...you look incredibly skinny! Super fun and super jealous. Check.

Rachel said...

I loved Lake Powell too! I totally agree that it was one of the best things that our parents did for us as cousins! We will be at Nica's the end of this month like the 27-30ish, we need to talk and we have to play!

Jena said...

sign me up! That looks like way too much fun. I went there once. There was a huge storm that flooded everything. It was crazy! Hope you are loving AZ. I'm sure you are already in your groove!

Bree said...

This is totally unfair! Not only do you have awesome winters, you also live close to Lake Powell. Can't wait to see pictures of the amazing house we have heard about! I bet you are loving it, cause we sure are loving our place. My favorite part so far- haven't stepped into a Wal-Mart yet!