Thursday, July 8, 2010

Goodbye Missouri

Goodbye Missouri
I didn't think I would, but I miss that place

The best thing that happened there?
Oliver King
January 6, 2009
Ernesto and Oliver

And of course, friends.
I had no idea how many girls I'd find to have so much in common with.

Melissa's front door was something like 20 steps from my front door.
We had a lot of fun together, watching America's Next Top Model, being each others go-to babysitters, borrowing many a movie, food items, you name it.  Oh and of course, countless hours spent outside keeping each other company while our babes played.
Melissa and Megan

Sawyer and Taylor were like brother and sister.  They could have themselves a good fight.  But they also had a lot of fun together.  Look how much they grew!!!
More of my friends.  Sad.
Tamara, Megan, Sara, Aimee and baby Simon

Angel, Gentri, Melissa, Megan, Aimee
Tamara, Simon, Sara

Crystal, Megan, Megan

Let's see...we had craft nights, movie nights, watched Biggest Loser, there was Breakfast Club, playgroups, project night, playdates and Columbia trips.  Babysitting for each other, meeting at the park and aquatic center...preschool...gift exchanges for fun.  Parties and baby showers galore and fire pits and getting together because we had nothing better to do.

I tell ya two years ago I would've never guessed I'd be such a social butterfly :) 
Oliver, Olivia, Noah
Ollie insisted on bugging Olivia

Jason, Taylor, Sawyer, Preslee, Scotty, Ryder

Sawyer and Jonah

My favorite pic.  I hope when they grow up they're friends so we can tease them with this nerdy picture.

There you have it.  Saying goodbye was so sad, and so embarrassing.  How can some of you hold in tears?  Seriously.  I actually did pretty good, and by the end I was cried out.

Cross your fingers for me that I can find at least one good friend!

PS  E was there too.  I asked for him to give me pictures of him and his classmates and friends.  He laughed.  I guess boys don't do that.

12 shout outs:

Heidi said...

It must be sad but you will make just as many friends in your new town. You will be so busy - as well as making new friends you will have to keep in touch with old ones - but that is what blogs are for. Enjoy your new home.

Jene and Megan said...

Saying goodbye is so sad!! I hate it! I agree with Heidi said though about making new friends and keeping in touch with old ones. By the way, that Melissa girl...she looks so familiar. I think I went to school with her. I can't remember her maiden name at the moment though...oh Berry or Barrie..I think.

Megan said...

Did you have to make me cry this early in the morning?
That picture of Sawyer and Jonah is so nerdy. You can see the chocolate in Jonah's teeth.
Thanks for cropping out the boobs even though your shirt was really cute:)

K.E.N said...

I'm sad. At least we were represented in one of those pictures-way to go Noah! I'm trying really hard not to let pregnancy hormones take over and weep my eyes out. Check.

Jordan said...

I know how you feel Meg. It is SO hard to leave everyone behind. But since you are SO easy to get along with and EVERYONE loves you, you will find friends fast. You are always able to find someone in your same situation. Good luck in Arizona!! Miss and love you!!

Crystal said...

I miss friends, too!!! Especially friends like you :)

SewSara said...

geez, thanks for making me cry!
i left before you and i still miss it (but not as much now that you and most of the gals have left -- poor aimee!!)

come visit me already! i want an all-night sewing fest and chocolate!!
we have SO much to catch up on.
and, hey, did you steal some of those pics from me? lol.

grammajill said...

It makes me sad for you, too, but I know you will make great friends in Gilbert. How nice to have such a great memory with pictures to go with!

grammajill said...

It makes me sad for you, too, but I know you will make great friends in Gilbert. How nice to have such a great memory with pictures to go with!

SewSara said...

no, gramma jill, she can make "ok" friends in gilbert ... but we don't want her to replace us! bwaaahaha.
i guess i'm the jealous type. ;)

Meigs Family said...

I miss you too friend! Can't wait til you come visit!

aimee said...

Okay I've been checked out of the blogging world for a while so I'm just now seeing this post. Seriously tears---I miss you dear friend.