Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's SO magical!

The thought of putting up Christmas is a lot more fun, and actually doing it kinda isn't :) But day after Thanksgiving, we got all the goods out and started the work! It was fun for Sawyer, he loves the lights and the balls on the tree. He takes them off at least once a day. He grabbed one of the balls that first night, and said, "ball!" as he threw it and broke it...he throws the nativity too, but luckily it isn't breakable! Here are some of the decorations. Can I tell you there is no way to take a good pic of a lit up Christmas tree? At least with my camera...oh well ;) The stockings I added our initials to, and I think it turned out pretty cute!It was a nice night, and now that we're our own little family, it's cute to see the traditions starting. We had holiday music on, but when we saw it was taking a lot longer than a few tunes, we watched Christmas Story and part of Christmas Vacation, my two favorites to watch every year. We had to end the night with cookies of course, and if you're wondering how to eat a cookie, Sawyer has a good little tutorial below. Cookie is his new favorite word, surprised? It sounds a little like this. "Cookie! Mo(more)? "



2 shout outs:

grammajill said...

Licking the center of the Oreo, Hmm Where did he learn that? Cute pics, makes me miss you guys all the day long. I wish Soy had helped me on my tree!

Heather said...

funny soy boy, throwing balls and nativities! such a boy. That is the best part of the oreo, what do you expect?miss yous sad!