Friday, December 19, 2008

So THIS is an ice storm

I've heard about ice storms, but never really knew what they were! Alas, I am enlightened. Holy cow! I was waiting until it was late enough this morning and called my sisters and mom because I wanted to talk to people about the weather! Last night about 7 pm I was outside and it was raining slush and so cold, so I knew what that was a recipe for. This morning when I looked outside, I was so surprised. Our front three steps are covered in pure ice, as is our driveway or "ice rink" pictured below. The car is completely encased! I thought it was frozen to the ground. Anyone looking for a last minute gift for me, an ice pick would be great. I sat there for a few minutes chipping at my handle with my keys. Then I got the car started and scraped forever!

Aren't they so pretty? Here are some bushes right out our door completely iced with a few remaining leaves and berries.
Here is a decent view of the car.
That is the back window rolled down and a sheet of ice over it.
And a little Sawyer...here he is getting his groove on at a church Christmas party! He has been dancing so intensely lately, it's hilarious. Apparently, according to the show So You Think You Can Dance, he krumps.
Hope everyone is keeping nice and toasty. As my friend said today, now I really understand what it means when they say "Utah, the greatest snow on earth." Because it's true!!! Nice and white and fluffy...

8 shout outs:

Ashlie Dalton said...

Holy cow Meg! That's crazy! I can't believe you even got in your car... I would be staying inside till it all melts (even if that takes all winter!).

Tamara Jacobs said...

yeah these ice storms are crazy! I might strap on my ice skates and go tomorrow:) I love how it puts a layer of ice on the trees. it's so pretty. Good luck at your appt. yesterday. I'm excited to hear how it goes:)

grammajill said...

Holy Ice Storm is right! Maybe I need to rethink coming out in JANUARY! Maybe you could wait til it warms up to have your baby, Spring maybe. I can't wait to see Sawyer "Krump" He looks so intense!

Amy said...

So funny. You really could skate out there! I love the rolled down window ~wow~

Sawyers vest is adorable!

Heidi said...

Wow, here in Australia we could not believe that window! I don't think I could survive such weather.

K.E.N said...

We definitely need to get our kids together when Noah can walk and have serious dance parties...Noah would LOVE it.

Heather said...

That is crazy. I would totally get ice skates for you guys. Fun!

And saw is SUPER cute dancing. MISS HIM and want to kiss him!

The Bentley's said...

wow that is so crazy!!!! i can't beleive your car that is insane!! we never had ice like that in cleveland (or here for that matter). when is your baby due?? that is so sweet of your friends to throw you a shower! p.s. popular:)) you have so many friends! how fun. i miss our dental school friends, it will never be the same!!! merry christmas!