Friday, January 9, 2009

Our sweet baby boy

Our sweet Oliver came into the world at 7:31 am Tuesday January 6th. He weighed 7 lbs and is 20 inches long.
We've loved the name Oliver even before we knew we were pregnant. We toyed around with a few others, but it was meant to be. For his middle name, we had a few others we thought we would use. Lately I've loved the idea of King, E is called Rey by his family, which is King in Spanish. Then Oliver was born on Three King's Day. We even saw a few other signs at the hospital, so thus, Oliver King.

Sawyer is loving his little brother. When I came down the stairs this morning, first time being back from the hospital, he started whining and pointing at me. How sweet, he missed his momma. Nope, as soon as I handed Oliver to my mom to hold Sawyer, he went to the baby! He loves to give him kisses and point at his forehead and say, "baby...baby..."
Proud proud Papa. We are so happy and thrilled to have Oliver in our family.
Everything went great and we are all doing really well, except mom and dad could use some more sleep. My mom is here for a few weeks and her help is priceless. I already have no idea how I'll do it on my own!

22 shout outs:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! He is so sweet. I'm excited to come see him.

Ashlie Dalton said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love him. I want to meet him in person. Congratulations!!!
P.S. I love his full lips. Also Megan, I think he looks so much like you. Has anyone else said that?

Sara said...

with his eyes open, he looks like you, meg!

yay for posting finally :)
i feel lucky that i've already had the chance to hold him. i can't wait to snuggle w/ him some more. i'll need my baby fix. oh how i love newborns!!

you can do it. i promise it gets easier. :)

congrats again. love love love his name. great choice!

K.E.N said...

Hurray!!! He is so handsome, and I absolutely LOVE his name. Oliver is super cute and the middle name is so good and fits in so well. Can I bring you dinner or something so that I can hold your tiny baby? Oh and see you? ;)

Tiffany said...

Congrats again Meg & family! He's a very cute baby! Can't wait to meet him!

Rachel said...

Oh I LOVE HIM!! He is so super duper cute! I can't tell who he looks like, but Randy thinks he looks alot like Sawyer! Give him 2 long sunggles from me everyday. I know I was kinda a baby about two but it totally does get easier, once you get your sea legs you will surprise at all the things you can do, like going to Wal-mart on your own, oh yha life is good!Love him, Congratulations!

Amy said...

Oh so very beautiful! Look at that precious face and his little allmond shaped eyes. I am so excited. I get to see all of you guys in 5 days! ♥

grammajill said...

We love you so, Oliver King! Grandma and Grandpa Lighten couldn't be prouder!
Maybe I will stay until the snow melts at Suncrest??!!

Jene and Megan said...

Congrats! He's so adorable!!

Crystal said...

Congratulations Jimenez family!! Oliver is just so precious, and I love the name you chose. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. Until then I will just leave you alone and let you have your mama-baby time :) I hope you get some good sleep soon!

Heidi said...

Congratulations to you all. I love the name Oliver, good choice.

Tamara Jacobs said...

Megan, he is amazing! I love love his name! I'm glad that things went well, and that your mom is here. What would we do without our moms to help? Hope you are recovering well. Congrats on your sweet boy. love, tam

Heather said...

mckenna-Oliver is so cute. I hope we can visit sooner or later. Bye bye love you so much!

Rylee-I like the picture with Sawyer's hand on his cheek looking at Oliver. He is very cute. I hope we can visit you sooner or later. Bye!

Heather- LOVE HIM! Want to keep him! Will you give him to me then you can go back to having just one baby and life will be easier for you. PS Fabulous lips! no fair, I would like them to be my lips! Can't wait to see him in person, get your butts back here already!

Cluff Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys!! I have been anxiously awaiting pictures of sweet Oliver and he is so ADORABLE!!

gladys said...

Congratulations Megan and Rey, he looks adorable. Rey Grandpa also was born January 6.
I love King
kisses
cousin Gladys and the panamanian Jiménez Family

Kasey Lighten said...

Meg,
Okay...he is darling!!! So super sweet and that I am so glad that Sawyer is loving him! They will be BEST BUDS!! Congrats guys, we love and miss you!!!
Kasey and Peb

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you picked that name because my dog's name is ollie.And eloise calls him owwie.I forgot to tell you how beautiful your baby is!

The Baldwin's said...

Congrats Megan! I'm so happy for your family, and I really love love the name Oliver King (way cuter than Jasper, haha) Hope your recovery and everything else is going ok! Please let me know if you need anything, seriously, even if it's to get Sawyer over here to play I'll do it in a heartbeat! Hope to talk to you soon!

Brendon said...

So precious. I love the picture with Sawyer adoring Oliver. Such a cute little family!

I had a dream the other night you had a girl with hair long enough to put into pigtails when you brought her home. Weird.

Congratulations! If you need help when your mom leaves, I'd love to play with Sawyer or help with anything. :)

thesquiresfamily said...

He's too Cute!!! Congrats!!!

Kandis said...

Congratulations!! Oliver is adorable. I love that name! I am glad that everything went well. We saw Ernesto the other day, and he said you are doing great! Let me know if there is anything you need. (esp after you mom leaves!)
-Kandis

Kim said...

CONGRATS! I love the name and he is such a cutie. Yeah your mom gets to be out there for awhile.