Wednesday, September 16, 2009

40 years

My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary! I made this video that was shown at an adult only surprise dinner for them when they returned from an overseas trip. The invite list? All of my siblings, their spouses and my parents, everyone but us :(

For those of you who will be looking for me in the photos, there are seven kids and three sisters in my family, and I am the very youngest of all, so I am only in a few of the last full family pictures.

Also, one of my dad's jokes is to say, "I can't believe 60 years ago I was three." You'll get why I added that when you see the video :)

10 shout outs:

K.E.N said...

Did they cry? Because I did.

Lisa said...

Hi Megan;
That is gorgeous. I hope your parents had a wonderful anniversary.
My Mum and Auntie Bron really enjoyed meeting your parents in England recently.
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you one day too. :-)
Lisa

Tamara Jacobs said...

that was amazing! you did such a good job! i bet they just LOVED it!
i might have teared up when sawyer was talking and blowing kisses. so sweet.

Heidi said...

What a great surprise for then both, it is just lovely. Well done Megan

Amy said...

So super sweet Meggie. We all loved it and yes it did totally make me cry (I heard that Rich cried too as he had an early preview before the rest of us) The evening was lovely and you were very missed!

Rachel said...

I was going to say I'm sure your mom bawled (becaues I totally did), but it seems that everone did! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sawyers hair all long and shaggy so cute.

Honey said...

What a wonderful thing you have done, Megan. Your family holds a very cherished place in our hearts! Thank you for sharing this. Helen

danny.des.jack.nora said...

Hey, this is Desiree. Your blog is so cute!! E-mail me at bballdez12@msn.com so I can invite you to our blog!

Heather said...

ahhh...so tender. I want that file for my blog too okay?

Ashlie Dalton said...

Cute! Love the part where Sawyer kisses the screen! Adorable!