Friday, September 4, 2009

We left our hearts

Apparently we are big city people. We absolutely loved Chicago. I thought we would be mugged and/or murdered on every street corner, didn't happen, not even once. We even took the subway and walked with the boys through the city at night.

It was a seven hour drive, and more than that with the stops for the boys. All in all they were good, 4 stars each.
Okay, now for the reason you're all reading this. Let me tell you first that I signed a contract to NEVER blog about my experience. But I will tell you that the tv personality I may have seen was fabulous! Just as "she" appears on tv. "She" stayed after to talk to the audience and was oh so nice.

Heather and I, reunited for about 24 hours. We went out to eat, slept (she shared with me and Oliver), may or may not have been to a recording of some kind, went to lunch, shopped on the magnificent mile and back to the airport!
FAQ's. *If* I was at a certain show...
-No, I didn't win anything. There was a book, and "she" said "she" didn't
know why we weren't getting it, "she" said "she" missed that meeting or we would have.
-It was a sad show. One about women being abused around the world.
-I don't know the airdate. We may possibly be on the show with Mariah Carey,
too much to explain, which is Sept 18th. Also I will post
when I see *my* show airing.

Okay, our hotel was amazing. We were within walking distance of everything. They upgraded us to have a view, the best view I've ever had, the Chicago River winding through the city. We were 23 floors up at the Sheraton.
I'm no geography buff, so imagine my surprise to realize we were right on a lake. I know, bless my heart.
The boys did really well. Oliver did have to be held about 90% of his waking hours. *please say it's a phase, please say it's a phase*


We were pretty beat by the end of the day. Me from my television debut *duh*, and E from watching the rugrats a good part of the day. That evening we enjoyed some classic stuffed pan pizza at Giordano's. It was delicious.
Well I have one more day to tell you about on our amazing trip, so keep posted :)

And to all my Kville friends, if you haven't been there yet, YOU MUST while you're here!!! Seriously, I loved it. It was EXPENSIVE, but talk to me, I'll give you some tips ;) Especially on how to get the hottest ticket in town!

9 shout outs:

Ashlie Dalton said...

I'm so very jealous Megan! It looks like you guys had so much fun!! Chicago would be amazing...lucky, lucky girl.
And btw I can't believe how LONG your hair is! You look fantastic!

Amy said...

Looks super fun! I wanna go with sisters! When I went before I was stuck with men & had to go the the Chicago Museum of Natural History instead of the magnificent mile,

The Bentley's said...

soooo fun! big cities are the best. i love them!!! I would totally live in NYC ...if i didn't have 3 small kids... looks like so much fun and yea that heather could come for a day!!! hopefully you made it home in time to watch the cougs last night??? i imagine some of your brothers were there?? glad you had fuN!!

The Baldwin's said...

So glad you guys had a good time, I want to go back now! I think we should do a girls trip and go see "she" :) that would be a blast. So fun your sister got to come out too, how awesome is that!

Ash and Joe said...

thanks for sharing! it was as if i was there... sounds like such a fabulous time. i need to go there!!!

msguy55 said...

SO glad you had so much fun!!!! I can't wait to see the blog on the rest of the trip! What an awesome view too!
Lacey Guy

grammajill said...

SOunds like it was all you hoped it would be! I only drove through Chicago once ( with Lisa) and vowed to go back. That was when she had Emily I think.
I have discovered my hard drive is full. That means that some of my memory is gone.
Love ya
Look for a pkg of England candy soon.

Melissa said...

Okay, I was worried you wouldn't have an awesome time at a certain event without me:) I'm glad it was an awesome trip. By the way your kids look so stinkin cute in the very top picture of the fam.

Katherine said...

Seriously, how do you get tickets to see Oprah? I'm going to have to ask you about that.