Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our hearts are still there

Our last day in Chicago we fit it all in. We went to the FAMOUS (at least they say) Shedd Aquarium. (It was $19 to park!!!!) It was really fun. In the middle of the show one of the characters ran up the stairs with a penguin and stopped in front of Sawyer so he could pet it. He had a spotlight on him and all, he was shaking he was so nervous.

We ate some lunch then hurried to the Cubs game, which we were late for. It was fun, they won, the boys slept on the subway.








This was the best shot!


After we went to Millennium Park, which was by our hotel, and saw this amazing sculpture the locals call the bean. We thought it looked cool in pics, but we loved it in person. Check out that reflection of the city!

Love and marriage, love and marriage, goes together like a horse and carriage...
So, we loved it. I want to go back again and stay for longer.
And by the way, my sister and I were in the audience on the Sept 18th show of OPRAH. When I was watching her show, having no idea, and I saw them flashback to her and she was wearing the outfit she wore at our taping I jumped out of my skin. Seriously, I was jumping up and giggling like crazy. I couldn't contain my excitement, no one I called could understand me.
For about 5 minutes after my explosion Sawyer was saying, "Oh my gosh" over and over and over. I guess I said that a lot.

8 shout outs:

Jene and Megan said...

What fun family trip! And how cool is it that you went to Oprah?? I know what a big fan you are! You actually introduced me to the Oprah Show. I mean, I knew what it was and who Oprah was but I don't think I had ever watched it until we went to your house on our lunch break at Dillards and watched it. =)

Amy said...

What a fantastic trip! You guys did it all and that is awesome! I can't get over how your boys wear hats, they just do it and look so gosh darn cute! Your posts are super adorable too. You are just the best! ♥ Amy

Ash and Joe said...

i would have totally been freaking out too if i were you. so cool!

Ashley said...

I was watching "The Soup" on Friday night and they showed a clip from Oprah with those two guys that won tickets to Mariah's concert (they acted ridiculous) and I saw you and your sister in the background! I was so excited! So you were on Oprah AND The Soup!!

grammajill said...

Looks like a great time in CHicago. I think it wouold be a great place to go again! Great photos!

The Bentley's said...

love that you saw heather!!! and such fun pictures!!! we have never been to chicago, i'm so jelous, love the bean, the cubs, the aquarium... how fun! i hear navy pier is awesome too. glad you had fun!!

Heidi said...

What a great time you all had. The boys are growing so fast.

Katherine said...

Awesome pictures! I'm a Chicago-lover, too. I didn't know you guys went. I can't wait to go back, either!