Sunday, February 7, 2010

2 nights, 1 nap

Sawyer at 9 months

Sawyer has been without his binky now for 24 hours. Yes he's 2 1/2. And yes, he's even potty trained but HAD a binky.

I expected this to be monumental. Harder than potty training. I thought I'd be reading books for weeks in preparation for the horrible day.

Last night we got his binky and he had bit it open, again. So I told him we had to go buy more, at Walmart, of course. He was extremely tired, no nap yesterday. He cried and whined about it for 15 minutes. I wanted to give in, it was completely unplanned. But then, he quieted and went to sleep....hmmm....

He didn't mention it this morning. He whined about it for 30 seconds at naptime.

Tonight, not a word or mention of the beloved binky.

Don't worry Sawyer, I don't have a problem with your two blankies, you can take them on your mission as far as I'm concerned :)

2 shout outs:

Crystal said...

Woohoo! Way to go Sawyer!!
Seriously... does that kid ever cause you any kind of grief about anything?! He's too angelic :)

Heather said...

I am just pissed, that is why I took so long to comment!