Monday, February 22, 2010

These boys

Sawyer after sledding
The other day Ollie barfed a little on the floor. A nice natural color, blue. Definitely not from some artificial food like, say, Fruit Loops. Definitely not from that.
Ernesto gives one swipe with an unscented wipe.
Sawyer immediately runs his hands over the spot,
"Mmmmmm smells like flowers."


I laid on my back on the floor and let out a nice painful groan.
Sawyer: Mom are you okay??
Yes, just my back hurts.
You need to see the doctor?
Maybe.
Off Sawyer goes to get his doctors kit and starts checking my ears and my heart.
He also gave me a shot.


He can sing all the words to Imagine, David Archuletta style.

He took my remote keys from the van to his little matchbox cars.
He held the remote right in front of a red convertible pushing the buttons with all his might.
That would've been cool if it worked.


He's learning to spell his name.
We used magnets from the fridge.
His first attempt:
"S-A-W-BYU-E-R"
Oliver in his leisure suit at Walmart.
He can pull a major attitude these days.
We were out to dinner and he was crying.
E holds out a Nilla Wafer to him. He turns his head away and bats at it.
Ollie reconsiders and reaches for the wafer.
He then hucks it to the ground. Nice.



He stands below our keys reaching with all his might.
I hand him a set.
He throws them to the ground until I give him the one with a remote.


He can say "nose" and loves to pick his own and then touch ours.


He walks around the house with his arms outstretched saying "holdyou" (all one word) about 1/3 of the day.


Since the beginning of the year he has been on at least 4 rounds of antibiotics for some pretty nasty ear infections.
We may be talking tubes soon.



That's what's up with Stink 1 and Stink 2.

15 shout outs:

Amy said...

Such cute boys and such creative writing. You have always been good at that!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh they are sooo cute!
loved that post.
your blog is so fun to read.
love the pictures too!

The Baldwin's said...

i didn't think your kids were ever stinky :) love the blue barf, Ryder barfed playdough ice-cream a bit ago, it was awesome!! haha

Saysha said...

Ok..Emma does the EXACT same 'holdyou' thing! All. Day. Long. :o) How funny! Your boys are adorable..the nilla wafer thing was hilarious.

Crystal said...

Sawyer can spell his name?! Smarty pants. And I'm so sorry to hear about Ollie's ears :( Aislynn has been having similar issues. Not fun.

Kasey Lighten said...

Okay, I LOVE this post! What fun boys and you are so good to be documenting it all! I love the S-A-W-BYU-E-R!! He definately belongs to this family. ;) LOL Such cute boys...I love little boys!

Ali said...

That "holdyou" part makes me want to bawl. It is so priceless!! There will come a day where you will wish he asked that again! So cute!

Heidi said...

Two cute boys. I can see they give you lots of pleasure.

Molly said...

I wish I had a leisure suit to chill in at wal-mart. All ollie needs is some bling!

Ashlie Dalton said...

I can't believe how cute and big your boys are. S-A-W-BYU-E-R... hilarious!

K.E.N said...

Noah had like 5 back to back ear infections and we had an appt. for him to have tubes in, but then all of the sudden his growth spurt was over and he was better so we cancelled the surgery. I hope this is what happens for you.

Jene and Megan said...

lol, such a fun post. Children amaze me!

The Bentley's said...

very cute... loved the puke smelling like flowers... olivia had a nasty poop the other day and we picked up coby from preschool he got in the car and said "mom what food do we have it smells sooooo yummy."

Heather said...

Oh I totally love this post. This is the kind of journaling you will want to remember and would totally forget. Funny stories.

grammajill said...

Stink one and stick two? Nice! Tell them to come visit grandma and they won't be called names!