Monday, March 1, 2010

Fun


Do you know these guys? Well they are Moose A. Moose and Zee from Noggin and now Nick Jr.. And Sawyer loves them, especially the songs that Moose sings, which I also love and wish I could get my hands on...

So we've got major cabin fever here and I found these templates on Nick Jr and thought they'd be fun to make together...well it turned into a project of my own, but at least he likes them.

Last year I thought, once I have two kids they'll have more fun together during the winter. Now I just have two bored and whiny kids and a trying-to-be-patient momma!

So we're being creative, a friend of mine said that her mom would put flour on cookie sheets and then they could drive their little cars in them and make mountains and it was like they were off-roading. It will be messy. We'll try that tomorrow.

Got any good "stuck inside forever" ideas?



I was pointing to Sawyer's fingers and toes
"This one is your pinkie, and this one is also a pinkie..."
Sawyer interrupts quickly
"No no no no no, this is not pinkie, it's yellow."


"Sawyer how old are you?"
"2"
"How old is Ollie?"
...thinking...
"41"

12 shout outs:

K.E.N said...

Finger paints and then a bath. Bored...check. So are we. Come over any time.

Ashlie Dalton said...

we tried rice instead of flour (i layed a sheet down and told him to stay on the sheet). also, a friend of mine says a couple drops of food coloring in the bathtub during bathtime makes for some excitement (bubbles would be fun too). apparently it doesn't stain but i have yet to try it out.
ummm..... we build lots of "forts" or "huts" here. cole seems to enjoy that.
lets see what else... i bought some cheap canvas from roberts and we painted. but that is kind of messy and scary.
good luck! we have cabin fever here too.

oh and btw darling little stuffed animals!

Tiffany said...

My mom gave me the idea of buying a bag of beans and dumping them out on a sheet and letting them play w/their trucks and cars...
Flour is fun too! We'll have to try that!

grammajill said...

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember using an outdoor plastic swimming pool and dumping a bucket of rice into it for an indoor sandpile. If you use measuring cups and measuring spoons, they might become familiar withthem and someday cook for you! I have also seen moms use chocolate pudding for finger paint on a cookie sheet or high chair tray. Do you have a car track drawn on a sheet or piece of canvas? Boys are so active it is very hard.!!Love your moose a moose, I love his music,too. Can't you download it somewhere??
Actually you can see how "blue" Sawyer is from the picture! Poor boy!

Pup Pup said...

Super cute moose a moose and Z. I love them. I think Bo would love them too!

I can't wait til Weston plays with trucks in flour!

Amy said...

I saw those tempates on NickJr and wondered how they would turn out if a "real" person made them. Super Cute!

Ideas for bored kids:

a small amount of dish soap in a large cup with a bit of water, add a straw and BLOW! Big bubbles that foam out of the cup.

Shaving cream on the table, draw in the shaving cream.

Buy a gob of bubble wrap and go at it

Jordan said...

I don't have any cute ideas but we are stuck inside too. I think I got a few ideas form you though. THANKS!!! YOur boys are DARLING.

Jene and Megan said...

I read "moose and zee" and I cringed! haha..yes, I know them well. =) I'm glad to see you made the snuggly pillow thingies. They looked cute and easy on TV.

Amberlee said...

Good ol Moose A. Moss and Zee- friends that we know well this winter! SO Cute! Spring can't come fast enough!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh cute moose and zee!
winters are tough with little ones!!
we've had major cabin fever too.
that walk today though turned it all around for me! i love this sunshine!!!

Kasey Lighten said...

what a fun mom you are!!!! I couldn't make those if I wanted to. :( Super adorable! No fair... :)

A little bit of this and that... said...

Meg, those turned out so cute!!
Liam loves Moose and Zee too!
something fun to do: get on a train and come to South Carolina :) xoxo