Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Bananza

Happy Belated Easter! 
We had a great time, 2 egg hunts:
 

Oliver actually got it! 
He understood to pick up one egg and then the next, I was so impressed.

I went a little overboard with the baskets.
a- all the matching candy at Walmart was just too cute.
b-I had to make them matching crochet animals (that I'm constantly forcing them to love).  I made Sawyer an Octopus and Oliver a Wiener Dog.
c-I made them each a car caddy...which were a bigger pain than I realized...but they actually like those.

Growing up we always have Eggs Benedict conference morning....mmmm

I was a little adventurous for Easter dinner, we didn't want to make a huge ham.  I found some yummy recipes on allrecipes...pork chops and potatoes with a great side dish of asparagus.
Of course we had to color some eggs.
 
My favorite picture of all.  
So funny, I was surprised he actually went to "it".

8 shout outs:

Sara said...

bwaaaaaahaha!! the look on ollie's face is awesome. i love how he's looking at "it." (seriously -- is the easter bunny a boy or girl, i wonder?)

your baskets are so cute ... you put a lot of work into everything! i loved the color-coordinated stuff at walmart, too. so cute.

and your food looked soooo yummy. all i ever do on conference weekend is EAT so it didn't help that it was a holiday too -- sheesh!

mixx you!
(or, MISS you rather. funny typo, had to leave it :) )

Heidi said...

I just love the look on Oliver's face.

Jene and Megan said...

I agree all that candy at walmart was great and cheap!! We have a load of it here too! Your Easter breakfast and dinner looks so yummy!!

The Baldwin's said...

wow look at you miss chef...delish delish delish-the whole post i could gobble!

Melissa said...

The last picture is seriously the cutest and I love the little animals you made. Impressive!

grammajill said...

I don't know howyou get done all you do, with those cute boys in tow!

Ashlie Dalton said...

cute cute pictures. as usual.

and all your food pictures look scrumptious!!! YUM!

Heather said...

love how pissed oliver is at the creepy easter bunny.

You went all out, super cute! Makes me hungry!

miss you sad!