Monday, December 13, 2010

Getting ready

The jury it still out.  I'm deciding how Christmas will feel without cold, snow...all of it.  Growing up in Colorado and Utah...then moving to Missouri, I've always had a cold Christmas.  Last year we spent Christmas day in Florida, but we celebrated our own Christmas a few days before.  Actually, jury just came in.  It's not the same.  It is still fun and exciting, people decorate their homes and everything does seem cheerier, but the whole feel is just different.  Boo.

It took me a bit longer to get our Christmas set up this year, but it's finally done.  To see the "pretty" finished pictures and more of the home decor stuff, I just did a post on our blog Fresh Poppy, so check it out :)


Here is some of our family decorating.  Little kids decorate trees so stinking cute.


I've been trying to keep the tradition (from my family) of a new ornament for the kids each year.  This year they chose stars.


Isn't that the best??  Like a million ornaments on one branch, everything on one side of the tree...and they couldn't be prouder :)


This year I also got them their own tree to have in their room.  They chose to decorate it blue, of course :)  Daddy was proud.  I've promised that they can sleep with the tree on for Christmas eve.


Merry Christmas!

5 shout outs:

K.E.N said...

This is why I couldn't live somewhere hot...Christmas just isn't the same without a windchill and snow. But your January and February will be better than mine. Happy Christmas!

Melissa said...

Your boys look adorable next to their tree. I really love that they want to help decorate. Merry Arizona Christmas!

Jene and Megan said...

Christmas definitely is not the same when it's warm and without snow. I'm sad right now because I'm in Utah and it's 50 degrees. It's awful!! I only packed my warm sweaters, boots and jackets and I'm sweating to death. Boo!
Oh, p.s. I need your address

SewSara said...

awwwww what a good mom to get them their own tree!! are they good about staying in bed and leaving it alone? I think my kids would be too tempted by it.

i miss those little brown boys!! :)

it's been in the 50's here and i'm mad! i want cold and snow!!!

Kasey Lighten said...

I felt the same way when we lived in Vegas. It's just not the same, but 70's in February can't be beat! :) We will all be jealous then. :)

Love the boys tree...and all blue...you guys are raising them right. :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!