Saturday, December 18, 2010

Today

There is a song by Taylor Swift called The Best Day.  I see the video at the gym and have to try not to watch, otherwise I turn into a puddle on the treadmill.  It is home videos of her with her family and just has really sweet lyrics.  The last bit is:

And I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day
With you today

And today was the best day.  The little boys and I ran some errands, we went to the library and picked out random new books.  Then I found a calendar and saw that Santa was at a local park, we walked right up and got to see him, no wait at all.  We took pictures and walked around downtown Chandler.  Afterwards we went and fed ducks at the park and played.  We came home and watched Yes, Virginia and it was cute.  When it was done Sawyer turned to me with a big smile.  Then I read them Polar Express.  It was just a nice, happy day with my little boys.

The other night, about 20 minutes after I laid the boys down, I saw Sawyer run across the open doorway.  I was sitting at the kitchen table sewing and he ran into the dining room.  He was checking our advent calendar where I told him a little elf comes every night and leaves a Hershey kiss for him and Ollie.  He's been known to wake at 6 am, go get the candy, eat it, and go back to sleep for an hour or two.  After he saw that the elf hadn't come he came into the kitchen and I explained that he wouldn't come until the whole house was dark and we were all sleeping.  He asked if I was going to sleep after I finished sewing.  I said yes :)  I told him he needed to go back to bed and he listened and started walking to his room.  He turned around after a few steps and said, "Merry Christmas mom."  It was just such a sweet and sincere moment.  I told E that I think that moment will stick in my mind forever.  Just a time where your heart unexpectedly swells with love.  My sweet three year old boy in his bright green footie monster jammies turning and wishing me a merry Christmas. 







Merry Christmas

8 shout outs:

Ashlie Dalton said...

awe that is the sweetest post ever. love that little sawyer! love the pictures (esp. the ones of them looking at each other).

Heidi said...

The boys are getting so big. Oliver is not a baby at all - they look like they get on well together. Have a lovely Christmas with them.

The Baldwin's said...

oh my what sweet and handsome baby boys you have! they love their mommy and for good reason too :)

grammajill said...

Way to turn ME into a puddle. Very sweet post, I love the excitement kids feel around Christmas.

K.E.N said...

tears. running. down. my. face.

Kasey Lighten said...

I love this post. My heart is swelling right now! Also, love those pics...what a friendship those two will cherish throughout their lives. I love days like this. Makes it all worth it. :)

Anonymous said...

I had tears in my eyes. Such a sweet post Meg. Those little boys are way cute. Missing you guys this Christmas. Love you. xoxo's. Celi

Jessica said...

Hey megan I totally love these soo cute

Jessica (Kaseys Sister)