Monday, April 20, 2009

SO angry!!!

I don't usually use my blog to rant...but it's time to change that. This morning was a hard morning, I was very tired, my own fault, Oliver was fussing and since I was holding him, Sawyer was destroying the house. We were all in our jammies, although diapers were changed :), and I decided we'd go for a ride, Ollie could sleep, Sawyer could watch a movie and the scenery and I could chat with my sisters. Well I get to the car, put Sawyer in his seat, and see our DVD player is gone. I search all over the car, it hangs off the headrest of the passenger's seat for Sawyer...it's not in the car. I call my neighbor thinking maybe just maybe she borrowed it, nope. It was there yesterday. I call E, and it's official, someone stole it. We bought it for Spring break after much waiting and thinking. I don't think anything upsets me more! Honestly, someone coming up to our car with TWO baby seats in it, seeing our DVD player and thinking "Hmm I deserve this." I just DO NOT get it. Stealing from another person, especially someone who they very well would know could be STUDENTS and has children. I haven't been good at locking the car since we've had kids. It's just another thing to juggle (the keys), and where our house is, we're at the end of a cul-de-sac, I just can't imagine someone snooping in front of our house, our car is RIGHT in front of our family room and bedroom windows. Not to mention I was up late last night, so the lights were on. I just wish I could see when it happened and who it was.

This happened to us once before, a couple years after we were married, and someone broke my car window and stole ALL my cds. I was so upset. My cds held a lot of sentimental value for me, lots of mixes I remember from high school and college. (And the following Christmas Ernesto filled an entire CD case recreating almost every cd, probably the sweetest gift I've ever received.) I remember at the time I honestly felt violated, I couldn't believe someone would just take my stuff. AND that was the death of my car Lexi, with her broken window things just went downhill.

So the morning started out rough, and I wanted to take a ride to get closer to nap time, and now everyone is napping but me because I'm fuming and writing this post!

So for all my friends that live here in Kville, LOCK YOUR DOORS. AND if any of your neighbors have a new DVD player in the next couple days, find out which brand and call me.

9 shout outs:

The Baldwin's said...

Oh Megan I'm so sorry! That sucks, seriously weird that your car would get broken into, they must be gutsy! For sure, if someone has a new one I'm asking them if they stole it :) oh and really if you ever ever need just an hour to yourself, bring your kids over here, it would be so so easy!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh that makes me so mad that someone would do that! i'm so sorry. I'm on the lookout for those thugs.

Heidi said...

That is so annoying, you have every right to be angry. I understand how upset you must be as it has happened to us, cameras in our case (and the car was locked!). It is not nice to think there is a common thief in the area.

Matt & Chalyn Reed said...

you forgot to say that the person that stole your cd's out of your car that one time left you your clay akan that was nice right?! lol

Ash and Joe said...

way bummer!!!!!!! I am so sorry. Lame-o's like that drive me crazy! ps. you can borrow our ghetto one anytime.

aimee said...

Oh Megan that sucks! I can't believe your car got broken into---especially where your located. That is such a bummer. You can borrow our portable one any time.

Ashlie Dalton said...

What the heck, are you kidding me?! People are so dang retarded. I'm so sorry. I have had things stolen from me and I totally know how you feel. Totally violated! I can't believe people. Seriously. I'm really sorry. I hope and pray you find the culprit...

I called you today to tell you about my Dr appointment. I'll call you tomorrow?

I'm sorry. Feel better. Let's talk tomorrow if you have time.

Crystal said...

Oh no! That sucks soooo much! I am so sorry that happened. I don't understand why anyone would do that.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry. What a bummer day. I get really nervous about that kind of stuff. I'll be on the look out for good sales and let you know (because we need to get one soon too especially with our trip to UT coming up)