Sunday, August 9, 2009

Brothers? I think so...

Many people ask whether we think the boys look alike, and from others feedback it seems as though a lot of people don't think they do. When Sawyer was a baby he was very serious, much like he is now, and he would give little smiles. Occasionally he would give a ginormo smile, and I only got ONE on camera. I LOVE this photo because it was his happiest face and didn't happen too often. Switch to Oliver, and he smiles the EXACT SAME WAY, just all the time. At us, strangers, animals...he is just a very smiley and happy baby.
Sawyer:
Oliver:

So, in my opinion, the only thing different really is their eyes. Ollie is more almond shaped with arched eyebrows like me. Sawyer has bigger rounder eyes and straight eyebrows like E :) Oh, and of course lil Soy's ears stick out like his papa!

We've moved Sawyer to a big boy bed. The transition was really easy, as he was able to get out of his crib anyway. Well, the other night we thought he was asleep but found his bed like this at 10 pm:

E said as they were cleaning up the books, Sawyer would pick one up, flip through it really fast, ya know to get one last good read, and then hand it to E and do the same thing over again.

Here he is snoozin' like he should be:
Other than our boys, we are really good! It's HUMID which kills me sometimes, especially when we go outside to play. E is doing really well in school , and at the end of August he will officially be a second year at which point we get a week long break! Wahoo and we are probably going on a fabulous vacation...

9 shout outs:

Sara said...

wait a second -- you're going on another vacation at the end of august? where?? i swear, i won't see you til september ... this is a crazy summer!

i love soy's big boy bed ... you'll have to tell me where you got it!

Melissa said...

The bed was just funny. I love the smiley boy pictures.

Ashlie Dalton said...

your boys are absolutely darling!!!! i love their smiles, it made me laugh.
cool too that sawyer is in a big boy bed. cole is the last of all our friends kids his age to get into one. even though he's older too.... haha. you better not get sawyer potty trained before cole too, i couldn't handle that.

Amy said...

OK, OK, in those photos they do look alike. At first I did think it was Ollie in the first photo. I guess it might be their personalities that make them so different too (as well as their eyes) Mr. Serious and Mr. Happy. Both super adorable!

I too love your toddler bed. Where did you get it?

Miss you!!!
♥Amy

K.E.N said...

Those are some cute kids. Check.

Megan said...

The fabulous bed...from WALMART! I think it is the same "line" as my crib because they match ;)

TLJ said...

such cute boys! i think their smiles look sooo much alike!
k i'm laughing my head off about sawyer's bed. he is so stinkin cute and hilarious!

TLJ said...

oops, i'm signed in as todd..it's me, tam

Heidi said...

The boys do look alike. I love Sawyer's little bed. As you say, once a child can climb out of a cot, it is definitely time for a bed.