Monday, August 11, 2008

We're here....

We're here, and to prove it, we've arrived! Sorry, one of my dad's :) After three days of travel, we made it here. And you can ask Sawyer, it wasn't that comfortable. But lots of dvds and snacks kept him very well behaved, we were impressed. We left about 1 pm on Wednesday and had to stop a little sooner than we wanted in Cheyenne WY because of a t-storm. (We saw a lightning bolt hit a 100 ft telephone pole, it was really cool.) The next day was the longest, probably 9-6 in the car, with an hour lunchbreak at Applebees, and we made it to St Joe's in enough time to see the finale of So You Think You Can Dance. We only had a couple of hours left the next day, which was great, and we pulled into Kville about 2 pm. We got our cars unloaded, got some things figured out, and then our Upack arrived at the same time as 6 somewhat strangers (other students) pulled up to help us unpack. It took a couple hours and then everything was in and we were so glad they came, I was amazed! How nice is that! So since then we've been working hard, unloading boxes and trying to get settled. I've said it before and I will say it again, COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT MY MOMMA! Or could have, but probably three times longer. She's amazing and such a hard worker, we love her and will be really sad for her to go. Here are a couple of pics from the trip. We miss you and love you all ;)

So our little climber is scary, have to keep our eyes on him. Here there was one tiny little box in the kitchen, he climbed up and perched on the corner, funny boy.
So we still have a lot to do. Most of the boxes are gone, but there are things to organize and decorations to go up and many a craft projects. I am so glad to have my momma, she's been amazing, and she is so helpful. We've already got so much done because of her! And PS, we get to find out what kind of tiny baby is in my tummy this Thursday, so if you even care, check back that night and I will tell you....

4 shout outs:

Ashlie Dalton said...

Yay, you made it safe and sound. That's so great that your mom is with you, I bet that made everything so much easier!
I hope you put pics of your apartment up as soon as you get it decorated and cozy. You can make anything cute with your crafting skills, so I'm excited to see! Oh and PS- I still want to see your new couches!

Rachel said...

We are so glad you made it in one piece! I think it really hit me that you are gone when I saw Sawyer in the car with all the boxes, it made me so sad!
Um yes I do care what kind of baby you are having so I will be checking all day on thursday to find out! Good Luck and I can't wait!

Heather said...

Hi, it is sad to see pics of you so far away. You look really white compared to Esto in that photo. Sawyer is adorable, and looks like he hasn't changed much. I can't wait to see what baby you are having! tooo cute!

Patrick and Laura said...

haha! oh my goodness I love that baby! That picture of him on the box is hilarious!:) I want to squeeze him a little bit!(: