Tuesday, August 5, 2008

CryFest '08

Goodbyes are horrible. I think some of the hardest will be with my parents. We live with them and they are part of our everyday life. They are unbelievably kind and helpful and giving and everything. I can only hope to grow to be parents like them. It will be especially sad to not have the everyday interaction with Sawyer. He loves them very much, and I know the sentiment is returned. I love that he is so close to my parents. We love them and will miss them everyday.
We had to say goodbye to our BFF's Ashlie and Luke. Ashlie made us a DVD of pics over the last few years, we've been friends practically since we were both married and then had baby boys practically together. We love our friends and will miss them a lot.
Ernesto's work had a going away dinner for him and a couple of co-workers who were also leaving at Rodizio's. It was delicous and a fun night. There have been a lot of great things about Ernesto's work, and they are really thoughtful and nice. I know E will miss it there.
My parents and family threw us a going away bash. All of the kids were here, and it was a lot of fun to have everyone together. Activities included a treasure hunt, and making adorable cards for E, S and me. (Garen's card had Sawyer and E drawn in brown marker, me with an orange :) And a water balloon toss, which Geoffrey and Lawson won. But Hannah was the real winner, as you can see below:
We had fishing and a bubble-gum blowing contest. Saylor, Lara and Cheyenne had 3 inch bubbles, way to go! Here is my cute niece Savannah doing the bubble gum contest, doesn't she look adorable? For some reason her gum wouldn't work so good to give her a huge bubble, but I've seen her blow them really big before. I sure am going to miss this sweet girl.
We had a jello eating contest. Team #1 won! Wahoo. The kids loved it, example Saylor with the Jello coming out of her nose. While looking at these blonde/brown heads, I thought I was happy to be bringing a little variety to the family.
There was facepainting at the party. Heather and Kasey were the artist (as far as I know) and they did a great job. Here is a sampling: Clockwise: Mckenna, Heather and Saylor, Emily, Rylee CW: Garen, Geoffrey, Cheyenne, Liberty
CW: Hannah, Jasmine, London and Dan's back
We had so much fun at the party. In the end, after some water fights, see below, it was super sad. Thus CryFest '08. To those of you who stuck around to witness, it was quite the scene. I had several nieces crying outloud, and I was bawling as well. It was really really sad, and I was really overwhelmed by how much we're going to be missed. I love you all sooooo much. As I told the little girls, we will still talk all the time and write letters. I will get my address out ASAP, because I will need care packages ;) I am really going to miss my family, they are my closest friends. I see my sister Heather AT LEAST twice a week, and it is going to be really hard to not see her all the time. I love you guys, we'll be in touch as we get there.

9 shout outs:

Heidi said...

The party looked so much fun, have a good journey to your new home. I think that everyone will expect lots of blogging from you to keep them in touch. With the internet and phones you won't feel too far away - believe me.

Ashlie Dalton said...

Oh cry fests... I can't believe we missed that! You know how much Luke and I love those. We could have out cried everyone!
I'm sad Megan. When are you guys leaving today? I am out of minutes but I want to call you.
Drive safely

Heather said...

Why do you insist on making me cry some more! I am so sad you are leaving us...probably have already left. Thanks for being my stister, we will still talk and chat and blog daily, we will just have to rent movies and get on our phones, start them at the exact same time and pause at the same time...WOW, that sounds reawlly pathetic! I am tearing up again, thanks alot!

Amy said...

Oh so very sad Meg and E! The top photos of mom & dad kissing Sawyer good-bye are super sad. I don't want to be sad again but it really hurts my heart.

I had to explain to Greg that you have never left home. This is your very first time and you are the baby of the family!

Oh you three (soon to be four) will be missed by many many sad people...

The Bentley's said...

That looked like so much fun..... and sad:( I hate cry fests:( hopefully you guys will make some amazing friends!!! Our friends from dental school will be for life. we made such a tight bond with them.. Good Luck!! You'll be great!!!

Charity said...

Cute cute Gagan. Nice work capturing your going away party. I'm going to have to steal some of the pic's. I love the ones of Sawyer kissing through the window!! We'll miss you lots, but we'll try to be good about keeping in touch!

Jene and Megan said...

Moving away is not fun..believe me, I know! Jene stole me away from Utah as soon as I said I do and I have NO hope of ever living in Utah again...but on the upside, we like being where we are! We love it just being the 2 (almost 3)of us. It's hard though to be soo far away from my family but I've been blessed to be able to go out and visit twice a year since we got married. Saying good-bye doesn't get much easier when you leave from just a visit either...good luck!!

Jill said...

so so so sad, hope you guys are settling okay and love your new home. you will be missed if we ever start up craft night again!!!

Jennica said...

What a fun PARTY! I am so sad that I missed it. :) Sad to see you leave... Hopefully, we will see you soon! Love ya!