Sunday, August 17, 2008

The White Coat Ceremony

Gramma. My mommy left today and we are so sad. She is the best. She did so much around here, helping with Sawyer's built in in his room, painting a million things, refinishing and touching up furniture, managing the kitchen, noticing leaks, unpacking and breaking down a million boxes, going to WalMart at least once a day, playing with Mr Sawyer and being my friend! We are so glad she was here and were really sad to see her go. After a Walmart trip, I'd say "Give me the receipt so we can pay you back." And she'd say "Oh no, it was all for me." She tried to pull this more than once, just not too convincing when she lives states away. Not the most fun thing in the world, taking a 17 hour car ride, helping unpack for a week, driving 3 hours to the airport and then a connecting flight home. She is such a selfless person and never complains about anything. We love her very much and can't wait for her to come back! The White Coat Ceremony. It was very cool. The class of 2012 (about 160) all received their white coats as the beginning of their journey. Each of the students walked up to the microphone and stated their name, undergrad school and major. Then they were coated by the dean. There were a couple of interesting majors, including theater! But mostly biology and sciences. A lot of masters degrees as well. Most students are from Missouri, and then Utah. Afterwards, at refreshments, a guy was looking around and said, "I heard there are a lot of mormons here."

So, caution, the following pics are just of Sawyer, just to warn you. He just looked so stinking cute, and we were on this old university with huge trees and an amazing setting, so my mom and I had to take the photo shoot. Not to mention, I don't think he has ever got so much attention, it was like a movie, every group we walked by was oohing and aaahing. PS He forgot his clubs at home.





14 shout outs:

Ashlie Dalton said...

Ahh! Congratulations Ernesto! Exciting! sawyer looks adorable.. love the socks!

grammajill said...

Way to make me cry! Miss you guys. Are you sure it wasn't a gap commercial?

The Bentley's said...

i don't think my last post worked?? i wanted to cry when i read your momma left:( those are sad days!!

Jennica said...

Cute little S! I love the little golfer outfit. So cute! Congrats Ernesto.

Patrick and Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick and Laura said...

What a sweet time for you guys:) Im so excited for your cute fam!! We are all so proud of you Rey (Ernesto;)! You are making your dreams come true not only med-school, but more importantly your BEAUTIFUL family, that is growing!:) These pictures make me cry every time I peak on here. I miss you guys so much, and your Florida family wishes we were closer, or that we could at least see you more often:(. So thanks for keeping us posted with this cute blog Megan!:) We love you a ton!!! Sorry it took so long to sign up for this! Leave it to a "tropical storm fay/no school/no work day" for me to finally get on here for a little longer!
PS- I'm Ernesto's lil' sister Laura. My husband Patrick and I live in Orlando:)
We love you!! Hugs and kisses from everyone in Florida!!!

Patrick and Laura said...

Sorry about the deleted post!:) I wanted to add who I was!!:) love you!

Heidi said...

Congratulations Ernesto. You look good in the white coat. You are really on the way to be a doctor now, well done. Megan, you are doing a great job with the blog, it is so nice to be able to see Sawyer growing.

Heather said...

ahhh...so cute! Love the photos of sawyer he looks so Dapper! And so proud of ernesto! He looks so cute :)

A little bit of this and that... said...

Hello Dr. Handsome! Way to go! Nothing like seing all the wonderful pictures to bring a tear to our eyes :)
Thank you Megan for being such an wonderful wife and friend to Rey, because of your support, he has been and will continue to achieve everthing he had wanted to. It is not easy to leave family and friends behind, we know exactly how you feel!, but the love you have for my brother is undeniable, and we love you so much for it!Thank you!
We're excited for the new little guy coming your way and we can't wait to hold walking, talking, super cute little Sawyer. Give us a couple of month and we'll be out there!
Love you all!

Amy said...

OMG Sawyer looks so darn cute! His pagebpy cap and the argyle socks.

Big congrats to Ernesto and his super sexy white coat! YAY

Jill said...

Congrats on another little boy!!! Seriously you will LOVE it! I'm actually a little sad it wont just be the two boys anymore, even though I'm super excited for our little girl. Sawyer is so cute and I wanted to cry for you with your mom leaving, there is nothing worse than having to say goodbye to your mom. Hope all is going well for you guys!

Ashlie Dalton said...

you've been tagged, see my blog!

natalieandherboys said...

Megan-Sawyer is about the cutest little boy I have ever seen! Where did you get that cute outfit?!? He is going to be the next Tiger Woods! Congrats to you guys on your latest move! BTW, we finally have a blog!!