Sunday, October 26, 2008

GuiLtY

So I started feeling guilty last night writing in my sometimes journal. Here my second son isn't even born and I am already feeling like I'm neglecting him! I label all my posts, and if you look (on the right side of the blog) it has my labels and how many posts fall under each label. Of my 40 something posts, Sawyer has 24, by far the most (which he is in every one of them, just that I labeled the ones that were specifically about him). Not that this is bad, he is our only baby for crying out loud, it's just that maybe it should be called "Sawyer's Every Moment" blog :) So I thought, hey, why not blog about someone else for a change!

Today S and I went to the storage to get his clothes from "up to 6 months" so I could see what I might need for baby boy 2 since I am going to town soon. As I was going through the baby clothes I got really excited! I have been really overwhelmed thinking of a new baby in the house, I haven't stopped to enjoy it as much as I should! I just started thinking of this little guy in my tummy, who is getting increasingly bigger and bigger, and I just want to meet him! It's crazy thinking of bringing a whole new person to the world. I am looking forward to snuggling this little guy and smelling that newborn smell....plus it means family will be visiting!
So here is to Baby Boy 2, still unnamed and dutifully searching for one, WE LOVE YOU!

PS The pic is of the super cute quilt my mom made that will be for him, or one the same with different fabrics. She invented it all herself, isn't she fab? Also, his due date is January 10th for those of you wondering...

11 shout outs:

Sara said...

Wow that quilt is fabulous!
And stop it with the mom guilt already ;)
No, really, I know how it is. I manage to feel guilty over lots of things as a mom. It's tough!

Have you seen this baby name site? It's really cool, you can put Sawyer or other favorite names as inspiration and see what names "match" with them. http://www.nymbler.com/

Tiffany said...

I agree- that is a WAY cute quilt! Gosh- you sure have some talented women in your family!
I can't wait to meet Boy#2!

Jene and Megan said...

I love the quilt! You and your family are so crazy talented with crafty things!!

Um..to answer your question..NO, I didn't write that eviction notice. I came across it online and loved it! I wish I were that creative and clever to write something like that.

Heather said...

totally don't geel the guilt yet, because it will come big time soon! Love the quilt,super cute. I can't wait to meet little boy 2 either! TOO FUN!

Kim said...

Your mom and anybody with your guys genes is awesome with quilts! I hope we can do another quilt/craft weekend. We'll have to see when all our peeps from the east will be in UT next summer. Also with the Jan 10th due date does that mean your doc won't let you come to UT for Christmas?

natalieandherboys said...

That quilt is freakin' amazing! You all are so talented it makes me sick! Don't feel guilty about all the mom stuff... we wouldn't look at your blog if you didn't have Sawyer anyway, :) so it's good that so many posts are about him!

The Bentley's said...

i want that quilt! it is soooo cute. love the doggy... go Jill!! and don't feel guilty you will love the little guy just as much as sawyer.... hard to beleive but you will!

grammajill said...

WOW, that quilt is gorgeous! Seriously, I am getting excited about Soy Boy #2 myself, especially as I will probably be the first of the family to meet him!

Amy said...

Did you know Talon & Baby #2 will have the same quilt? SO super cute huh!

Mom guilt just happens. It is really hard with number two though, I remember!

Jennica said...

Love the doggie, argyle quilt. That is SO cute!! Baby #2 is gonna be adorable! :)

Jordan said...

I am so excited for you Meggy. You are such a fun mom. PS I LOVE all your quits on you Fresh Poppy blog. You are way too creative.